Aug 31, 2015

Who Ever Said Saving Souls Was Easy Work?

We had zone conference this week and I think that attending zone conference is one of my favorite parts of being a missionary. While there, President Gardner talked to us about the rules and some of the changes that he is applying to the mission. He had us look at the white handbook and said that these guidelines are the "higher law". He explained that if you can't live the higher law, then you personally might be asked to live a "lesser law". This could be applied to life in a lot of ways and it made me stop and think about how important it is that we use our gift of agency to help ourselves learn and become better, not to show that we can rebel and choose to do whatever we want. He then told us that we are adults and should make our decisions as such and that he trusts us. Which means... no more MoTab! It isn't that I don't love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, because I definitely do. I'm just really excited to listen to other types of music. Can you really blame me? 
Also, a few weeks ago, President emailed us 12 scriptures and said that if we memorize them by the end of the month, there would be a reward, which was also announced at zone conference. He told us that if we meet the challenge, we would be allowed to watch the BYU vs Nebraska football game next week! To say I was excited would be an understatement. It is going to be so much fun! There are so many good times ahead. 

Missions really are the best, but I can't lie to you, they are hard. This experience of being a missionary has been the hardest thing that I have done up to this point in my life. I am tired all of time, I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and nothing ever seems to work out the way that it should. But I have never been so happy in my entire life. I absolutely love waking up in the morning with a purpose and knowing that what I am going to do that day matters. Don't get me wrong, there are still moments where I just want to give up and head on a plane home. But that is only because it would be easier that way. Nothing is worth having if you don't have to work for it. And I have definitely been working harder than I ever have before. But I have been able to learn more than I ever imagined and have been able to strengthen my relationship with Christ in so many ways. I love my Savior so much and I am so eternally grateful that He trusts me enough to be doing His work. 

I also wanted to give a massive birthday shout out to my baby sister! I guess she isn't really a baby anymore. How in the world is she 20 years old?! Goodness, we are getting ancient. I hope you had the most incredible birthday Allie Wallie and know that I love you to the moon and back. Twice.

This next week is going to be so good. GO COUGS! And Huskers? Oh, no. This is going to be tough.
 I love that I can now look at my companion in the eye without standing on a chair.

 Why not take a selfie with Sister Gardner?

 The TC Sistas.

 The sign for our ward "birthday" fair on Saturday. So fun!

The Eagle Run ward knows how to put on a good party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design