May 10, 2016

"If You Want Something Done Right, Let a Woman Do It."

I've come to learn that if there is one thing you can't avoid, it's change. Especially in mission life during transfers week. I found out on Tuesday that I will be staying here in Ralston with Sister Abbott for another six weeks which I was excited about! But a change with anything is always hard, at least for me. However, it's been a good learning experience for me to realize that everything really does happen for a reason and change is so essential for us to progress. An exciting change that happened is that the Trail Center got a sister from Sweden! Now we have two Europeans. Watch out, Temple Square. The Mormon Trail Center is stepping up their game.

At church on Sunday, one of the sisters talked about how you don't have to have a child to be a mother. It is kind of just in our nature as woman to be motherly and to nurture and look after others. There are so many people that I have met in my life who haven't had the chance to have children themselves, but they have been like a mother to me in so many ways. I realized how grateful I am to have them in my life and how blessed I feel to have my own mother. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky. It felt so good to be able to talk with her and my dad and Allie! I really do miss them so much, but I'm so glad that I get to keep them forever. The message of eternal families is probably my favorite thing to share as a missionary. How incredible is it that we get to have our families with us for eternity? Sometimes that might sound like a bad thing, especially when our patience is running low, but it truly is such a blessing. I love my family so much and I want to thank my mommy for everything so does for me. You amaze me, mom. I love you!

And a Happy Mother's Day to the other mommys too!

 Sleepovers as a missionary should not be this much fun.

Facetiming the fam. I love them all! So much so it's kind of ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design