Mar 14, 2016

"Smile. It Shows Your Faith."

On Tuesday we had a special sisters conference with the Gardner's. It was incredible! President Gardner talked to us about how, as sisters, we are hard on ourselves a lot of the time and sometimes it can be hard for us to see what we are truly worth. But the truth is, there is nothing that can really measure our worth. We already have worth because we are His. At the end of the conference, President Gardner looked us and said "For a minute, I'm going to take off my 'Mission President' hat and just be a dad." He then proceeded to tell us how much he loved us and, of course, we were all crying. It was amazing how much love was in that room and as I was looking around at the other sisters, it made me so thankful and privileged to be serving with these incredible daughters of God. I really do love them so much!

Wednesday was completely exhausting, but in the best possible way. We had our district meeting and then had our investigator, Paul meet us at the church for a lesson. It went really well and we are really hoping to see him at church on Sunday. After that, we saw Sister Checkett for a few minutes and proceeded to visit a less active member. We then headed to our dinner appointment which was also with a less active member and we had a fish fry. (Mine was more of a chicken fry but it was still really good!) Right after dinner we visited a part member family and the father told us that he wants to be baptized. So happy! To end the night we visited a recent convert named Lindsay. I don't think I have seen anyone so excited to go to the temple. She's amazing. If you count those up, that's 5 lessons that all went through. I can't remember the last time where nobody cancelled on us and we had 5 lessons in a day. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is.

I also realized this week that our Heavenly Father really does want us to be happy, but happiness really is a choice and it is so much easier to do so if we are positive. I learned that negative thoughts and words cannot contain faith and without faith, we can't be successful. So I just need to remember to be happy! And remember that your Heavenly Father loves us more than you can we could ever imagine.
 Who needs Elders?

 I love the temple. And these sisters. So much.

 Our "Instagram" picture.

 And I love Sister Fronk. A lot.

 The new banners came! I love being at a Visitor's Center. Everybody watch the new video. It's. So. Good. #hallelujah

Happy 13 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design