May 2, 2016

#Cornado

Well, it happened. I had my first tornado warning this week. No need to worry, mom, the tornado itself touched a little north of where we were and we were only under warning for about an hour. But it was still pretty cool. I know that it's probably weird to say, but I have been waiting for a tornado my entire mission. So now I can officially check "having a tornado in the land of corn" off of my bucket list.

We were also able to work with Eli and Christine a few times this week and they are doing so well! We had a family home evening with them on Monday night with the Siows and they seemed to have fun. And you can't not love the Jorge and Renee so it worked out great. We then helped them make dinner on Wednesday and they invited us to lunch on Saturday to celebrate Braxton's, their son, first birthday. I think that it's pretty safe to say that they like us. The feeling is mutual.

Seeing people change and progress is definitely my favorite part of being a missionary. All of the times that you have to deal with cancelled appointments, people not keeping their commitments or even just being completely exhausted simply don't matter anymore when you see the gospel change somebody's life. As I was studying this week, I had the thought come to my mind "How could this church not be true?" All of this is here because a 14 year-old boy had a simple question and decided to pray. I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful that I get to share that incredible message with everyone around me.
 The pedestrian bridge. Always a good place.

 We tried taking a "spinny" district picture. Success?

 This is Murph. She's pretty great.

I got to take Elder and Sister Springer on tour. They were on their way home from the Ohio Coloumbus mission where, you guessed it, they knew my sister. It was so fun to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design