Jun 30, 2015

Conjunctivitis? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That.

This week was can be described in two words: hot and sticky. I don't think I knew what the word humidity meant until I got here. July is definitely on it's way.

We had a lot of fun on Monday! Even though it was 100 degrees with 100% humidity, we didn't let that stop us. Some of the sisters went with us down to Old Market in downtown Omaha where we shopped a bit and went down some pretty cool slides. To be honest, the biggest reason why we went on the slides was so that we could wear pants. We find any excuse we can to put on a pair of jeans. But we still had a lot of fun! Later that evening, Bob and Lucy took us to dinner and I could feel my eye starting to hurt. Towards the end of the night, I was pretty sure I had pink eye. And when I woke up on Tuesday with my eye crusted shut, I was definitely sure.

We had a full proselyting day on Tuesday and I was so angry because we only get one or two of those a week. I prayed that the Lord would be able to make it possible for us to go out that day because we had several appointments set up. We went throughout our morning and when I went into the bathroom to get ready, my eye was completely fine. It was white and clear of any gross goop, the opposite of what it was earlier. I was healed! It really was such a miracle and it confirmed to me that there was something that we needed to do that day. And there was.

Later that day we were trying to visit a less active member when we saw a man trying to wash his SUV. He had a huge boot on his leg so we thought we should help. When we went up to him, he looked at us and said, "You're here to help me wash my car, aren't you? Well here you go!" He then handed us a sponge and put us to work. We were more than happy to help and as we were working, we talked to him a lot about religion. His name is Brandon and he has been attending a Baptist church for a while. He seemed really open to learning more about our church and even took a Book of Mormon! He just moved here to Omaha from Des Moines and kept talking about how he's been looking for a change in his life. He also asked us if we believe in the "Holy Spirit" and we told him of course. He then told us, "Well maybe he lead you here to me today." It was so cool! And he is such an awesome guy. We can't wait to meet with him again!

I cannot wait to see what is to come! I get to meet my new Mission President this week. There are so many changes coming, but change is a good thing. I hope the rest of you have great week! I love you all!
 We promise that we didn't plan to match. But when it happens, you have to get a picture!

 I survived the slides!

 We said our goodbyes to Sister Weston this week. I'm going to miss her so much!

We love you Sister Weston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design