Jun 22, 2015

Mo-Tab Versus Gospel Rock

Why does summer fly by so quickly every year? The beginning of the week was spent traveling between our area and the Trail Center most of the time.

On Thursday, we had zone training and our Zone Leaders gave us an incredible training. They talked to us about the Sabbath day and how we can get our investigators to church and help them to have a spiritual experience. For our role play, they actually had us re-inact a sacrament meeting. They gave everybody a part and we acted out a Sunday meeting. I was the missionary, Sister Weston was the member who helped me and then an Elder was our investigator. There were other Elders who were deacons, the bishop, the ward mission leader, and so on. It was so much fun! Afterwards, Sister Weston actually took Sister Durrant and I out to lunch to Chipotle. She is seriously the sweetest woman I have ever met! I'm going to miss her so much.

On Friday, we were driving home and lo and behold, Sister Durrant saw a baby squirrel on the sidewalk. To make a long story short, we pulled over and she finally got to pet a squirrel. She was pretty excited! Me? Well, I did end up holding another baby squirrel that we found. But let's just say that Sister Durrant was more excited about them than I was. She may or may not think I'm a terrible person.

On Saturday, we got to go to church with the Reinkofski's (the family we met when our garage door broke). We are doing a church swap with them so we went to their church and then they will come to our church another Sunday. They attend a non-denomination Christian church which is so different than what I am used to. When we first walked in, there was a band that started playing, and let's just say that they were no Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I honestly felt like I was at a concert. I actually really enjoyed the music, but I definitely didn't feel the Spirit like I do when I go to our own church. It was a really great experience to be able to see how others worship and opened my eyes to better relate with others. It also made me grateful for the gospel and the things that it has taught me in my life. I truly am so thankful that we have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that we focus on His life rather than His death. And I'm so happy to have the opportunity to be out here sharing what I have learned with others.

Onto the last week of June. I hope you all have a great week! Love you!

Also, I just want to say Happy Father's Day to my incredible daddy :) I honestly couldn't ask for anyone better. And Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there! Stay cool.  

 Found these at Wal Mart. These are for you, mom and dad!

 I tried out my hair dressing skills and dyed my companion's hair... I think it worked?

 We also got matching nightgowns with sheep and everything. We're pretty legit.

Meet our little baby squirrels PB &J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design