Jun 1, 2015

Change..Can't Live With It, Can't Live Without It.

It's June already? How did that happen? This last week of May was a good one.

On Monday, for Memorial Day, Bob and Lucy (the couple that we live with) took Sister Durrant and I to the zoo! We were a little worried at first because the weather here is so unpredictable, but it ended up being a beautiful day which was definitely a blessing. While we were at the zoo, we had a contest with one another to see who could recognize the most people while we were there. As the day went on, Lucy was definitely winning. She saw five people she knew and Sister Durrant and I weren't anywhere close to that number. But as we were leaving, we saw eight elders walking towards us. So, we ended up winning. Victory is sweet! Later that evening, we all met at the Trail Center to deep clean it and then we had a Memorial Day program. We sang The Star Spangled Banner and went up the cemetery to take a moment and remember the pioneers who gave so much for each of us. The Spirit was so strong and it was such an incredible experience to be able to sit in the cemetery and think about all of the sacrifices that the Saints made. It was such a good day!

Wednesday we had our last district meeting which consisted of donuts, chocolate milk and The Testaments. I definitely was not complaining. I'm going to miss having us all be together. It's crazy how close you get to the missionaries in your district. Why does change have to be so hard?

This week was transfers so we found out what the status was on Thursday. Drum roll please... I am staying here in Eagle Run! I was really excited about it because I just got to the area. So now I get another six weeks to do what the Lord needs me to do here.

Saturday, I got to meet our new sister, Sister Robertson. She is from England so obviously we're going to be best friends. I decided that I love British accents way too much and hers is adorable! So I am pretty excited to have here with us!

On Sunday, I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting since I have been a missionary. Why is it always so nerve-wracking to get up to that pulpit? But my talk went pretty well... I guess. I spoke on Elder Oak's talk from conference last October titled "Loving Others and Living with Differences". It's a great talk that talks about how important it is to love others and see them through Christ's eyes, even if they may have different views or beliefs. If there is one thing that I have learned out here is what a difference love makes in any situation or relationship. Love is what helps people feel understood and accepted and by showing others love, we can help them see how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

I hope the rest of you had a great week! I love you all!

Also, we will all miss you Elder Perry. Thank you for being such an incredible leader and teacher.
 Coolest chair ever. #amirite

 Gangsta succor swag.

 The goat thought my skirt was lunch.

 District selfie!

We try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design