May 25, 2015

"Being a on a mission is like being on the front row of a miracle show!"

The start to this week was simply magical and the days that followed were even better. 

On Monday, Sister Young invited some of the Sisters to go to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch to celebrate her birthday and then we headed over to the mall. I ordered my chicken madeira and red velvet cheesecake and felt like I was home for a bit. It was amazing! And the mall... man. I love shopping way too much. It's a problem.

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Sister Brower and, boy, did we see miracles. None of our appointments fell through and every person we tried answered their door. That never happens! So, personally, I was a bit shocked. But in the best possible way.

On Thursday, we never stopped! We went to appointment after appointment and saw miracle after miracle. One miracle was when one of our appointments fell through with a less active member. But because they cancelled, we were able to see another less active member and her granddaughter who is now a new investigator! Heavenly Father definitely knows what he's doing. Later in the day, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (thanks, mom!). When we walked in, the girl at the front desk looked at us and asked, "Is that book good? Is that the play?" and pointed to the Book of Mormon that Sister Durrant was holding. We told her "No, this is the real thing!" The she said "Oh, well is it good?" We had a good laugh about it. And we enjoyed some great steak, so overall it was a great night!

Saturday and Sunday were insane! With school getting out and it being Memorial Day weekend, we had a lot of people come in who were traveling all over the place for an early summer vacation. We pretty much had tours one after another throughout the day which was tiring, but great! We love it when it's busy because we want people to see how awesome this place really is. Because, let's be real, I get to serve in the best mission on earth. (I know that every missionary says that. But that's just because that haven't been here.) Each day I walk into the Trail Center and just feel so blessed that I get to serve my Heavenly Father and Savior here. 

I hope that you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and I want to say Happy Birthday to my Grandma Cookie! I love you! Have a great rest of the week!

 Not ordering cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory is against the Word of Wisdom, right?

 The gang at lunch. So. Good.

 Because you have to try on hats at the mall.

 TEXAS ROADHOUSE! Goodness, I love that place.

We reached our 100 day mark! Yay us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design