May 18, 2015

Christmas in May?

The weeks keep going by so quickly! Time really is such a different concept out here. 

On Monday, Sister Murphy and I decided to celebrate our "3 month anniversary" by watching Legacy. It's the only romance that I will be able to see for the next 15 months, so I was definitely ok with it. During the rest of the week, I learned how crazy May is here at the Trail Center. We have school tours with at least 50-100 kids come in almost every day. It really is so fun to be able to show kids around and help them learn more about Nebraska's history. But most of the time, they know more than I do! So that's kind of embarrassing. Oh, well.

So since we are only able to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Sister Durrant and I only have 3 CD's that we can listen to. There is one that is kind of weird and puts us to sleep which is not a good idea when we are driving. The other one we have listened to about 137 times (that is not an exaggeration). And the third is the Mo-Tab Christmas CD with David Archuleta that I brought from home. On Wednesday, we gave up and put in the Christmas CD. And it was the best decision we ever made. So yes, we are listening to Christmas music in May. #yomo (You Only Mission Once)

Friday was a day FULL of miracles! In the morning at the Trail Center, I was able to take the cutest little British man and his daughter and grandson on tour. He shared some very inspiring spiritual experiences with me and taught me a lot. Later that night when Sister Durrant and I were leaving after dinner, we closed the garage and, for some reason, the left side wouldn't close all of the way. We lifted it back up and saw that the hinges were completely broken. We had no idea what to do because Bob and Lucy were out of town for the weekend, and we are definitely not handy-men, so we were freaking out a little bit. As we stood there for a second, we saw a couple walking across the street and Sister Durrant asked if they could help us. We found out that they live down the street from us and their names are Blake and Kris. Blake ran home to get some tools and helped us be able to at least get the door closed all of the way. They were so nice! We ended up bringing them brownies on Saturday to thank them for helping us, and they ended up inviting us in and we totally had a lesson with them! It was awesome. The Lord works in such mysterious ways.

I can't wait to see what is the come in this next week. I hope the rest of you have a great one! I love you all!

 We got a new exhibit downstairs at the Trail Center. They are banners of Christ's life and they are GORGEOUS. 

 This is what happens when we have time after eating lunch: 15 minute naps.

 New discovery: I think I'm allergic to cats. But only my one eye?

 The Barlows are heading home to Utah. We will all miss you so much!

 Happy Birthday, Sister Young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design