May 11, 2015

Sometimes, We Dress Up Like Pioneers.

This week was full of temple and friend visits, pioneers & my mama!!

On Monday, Sister Durrant and I went over to Boys Town with Lucy (we live with her and her husband, Bob). I didn't know anything about Boys Town before I went over there, so I was so excited to learn more about it. I was fascinated! It was interesting to see the history of the school and see why and how it came to be. It also made me grateful for the life that I have been given and that I have the opportunity to be out here serving and helping others. It also made me want to see the movie! Definitely on my list for when I get home. Also, Boys Town is the home of the world's largest ball of stamps. You bet I got a picture with that thing!

On Wednesday, we had Zone Training and Thursday I was able to have my first interview with President Weston. It went really well! We are all going to miss him so much and you could tell that he was sad as well. But he and Sister Weston will always hold a special place in our hearts. They are both amazing.

On Friday, everybody was mad at me. Not really, but it was only because I got to go to the temple again! Because I was emergency transferred, I was able to go to the temple with my old zone before I left, and then it was my new zone's turn this week. I got so lucky with that one! Heavenly Father definitely knows how to bless me. I absolutely love the temple and have the opportunity to partake of the spirit that is there. It is unlike anywhere else on earth. I would go every day if I could!

Story time: On Wednesday, I came into the Trail Center in the afternoon and the Sisters told me that somebody who knew me came in earlier that morning. They said they left a note for me and when I read it, it was from Tim Johnson! Oh, how I love the Johnson family. He said that he was here for work and stopped by. I was so sad to miss him! Then on Friday, I came into the Trail Center after the temple and received another note, but this time from Alexa. I missed her too! I was so upset. But hopefully I'll be able to catch them on their way home.

Saturday was Florence Days! AKA: the day when we got to dress up and pretend to be pioneers for a day. Pretty sure some people thought we were polygamists. Awkward, But we got to walk in the parade that they have and  pull handcarts. Afterwards, I was able to do a dance with some other Sisters during a little play that the Trail Center put on about the pioneers. It was such a fun day! I was exhausted by the end, though. Man, I am so out of shape!

Sunday was Mother's Day. Not only did we get muffins and juice in Relief Society, but also, I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY! It was so so good to see them all. It felt so natural to see my parent's and sister's faces and talk with them. I miss them all so much but I am so happy to be here where the Lord needs me. After skyping with my parents and my little sis, Sister Durrant and I made dinner for Lucy. I feel so blessed to have her as my mission mom! She's the greatest. We then had family night with her and Bob and played a game of Tenzi which is a dice game that is SO FUN. Family, take note. You all would love it.  It was a busy week, but a great one nonetheless.

I hope that you all had a good week. Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! I love you all! 

 Worlds Biggest Ball of Stamps selfie.

 ​"She's not heavy, she's my Sister!"

 The Omaha Zone! Goodness, they're cool.

 Sister Durrant didn't get the joke.

 To answer your question, no. Only the five of us on the left are sister wives.

JAZZ HANDS!

We're three months old! How did that happen??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design