May 4, 2015

We Be Ballin'

How is it even possible that I am going into my ninth week in the field? Time is going by so quickly! It's starting to freak me out a little bit.

Monday was one for the books. We began the day by going to Walmart and we actually ran into Sister Weston, our mission president's wife. She told us that seeing us was a miracle because she was over at Sam's Club earlier and was talking to the "girl who sells the pillows" and she said that she wanted to talk with missionaries! So Sister Weston asked if we would go over there and you can't really say "no" to Sister Weston, so we walked into Sam's Club looking for a girl selling pillows. Don't worry, we found her! But her boss was standing right next to her which made things really awkward. After her boss unsuccessfully tried selling us Bamboo pillows (which are actually really cool!), we tried to talk to Karissa about her chat with Sister Weston. But with her boss right there, I don't know how successful we were. We ended up giving (more like throwing) her a Book a Mormon with our phone number and we booked it out of there. It was just an awkward situation. We're just praying that she calls us back!
Later, we got together as Trail Center sisters and played a very competitive basketball game tournament. It was legit. We got shirts and everything! And even though I'm a wee bit vertically challenged, I actually had a lot of fun! I don't know if I have ever played a real game of basketball ever in my life, but I tried my best. And we ended up all having a blast together!

I spent the rest of the week trying to get to know the people here in my new area. I miss Kanesville dearly. The people there are so incredible. But Eagle Run has been good to me so far. I've been able to meet and get to know a lot of great people! One of them being Tatiana. She is a young woman who is a single mom and has three very young children. She has been investigating the church for a few years and is set for baptism on May 16. Last week, Sister Durrant was kind of worried that she might not want it enough. But that same day, Tatiana texted us and asked "Do you think I'm going to be ready to be baptized on May 16? Do you think that you could quiz me to make sure that I am ready?" Miracles! She has been working so hard this past week and I would say that she is totally ready. I am so excited for her!

This week we were also able to get ready for the Florence Days parade on May 9. Every year, the Sisters at the Trail Center dress up as pioneers and walk in the parade. So cool, right?! After the parade, we are going to be putting on a play about the pioneers and a few of us get to do a little dance number. I'm pretty pumped about it. It's going to be so much fun! Stay tuned for pictures of the event next week.

I hope the rest of you have a great rest of your week. I love you all!
 We know we're cool.

 When somebody had their name on their back, you don't mess.

 I was pretty excited when I found this. I love you Sister Slater!


We're weirdos. But we're the coolest weirdos you'll ever meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design