Apr 27, 2015

We Are Loving CB... Maybe Not?

Well... I guess you could say that a lot has happened this week.

On Monday, we decided to go "Council Bluffs sight-seeing". AKA: We just wanted to go see all of the cool stuff that is available to us in the CB area. We first went to the Lewis and Clark Monument which was actually really cool! It's basically this huge trail that leads to a trail center and has an incredible view. We then went to Christy Crème. It's an ice cream shop, not a donut shop. I was as surprised as you are! I got a chocolate/vanilla twist hot fudge sundae and it was delicious beyond description. It is on my list to return. That was the extent of our sight-seeing adventures, but it was fun nonetheless!

On Tuesday we were able to help with a few school tours at the Kanesville Tabernacle. There were two groups of 3rd graders and it was so much fun! Apparently this time is hopping for school tours, so I'm pretty excited.

Thursday, I was on shift at the Trail Center and a couple walked in. I asked them where they were from and they told me they were from Utah and wanted to stop by because they had some friends that served here about 5 years ago. Do you wanna know who those friends were? My grandma and grandpa Slater! Honestly though, what are the odds? My grandpa is even their home teacher. I was able to take a great tour with them and jokingly told them to let my grandpa know that his home teaching was done for the month.

Come Thursday night, everything changed. It was 10:15 and I was praying to go to bed when Sister Gardner walked in the room and told me that President Weston was on the phone for me. Of course my first thought was "Oh, no. What did I do?" Fortunately, I wasn't in trouble, but President did ask me a question. Sister Young has been really sick the past two weeks, and because of that, President Weston said he had prayed and felt that it would be better for her to be in a trio with the Sister Training Leaders and he asked if I would be willing to go to Eagle Run with Sister Durrant. An emergency transfer? I didn't even know that was a thing. But I will go where the Lord needs me to go. We ended up staying up until midnight so that I could pack and so that we could fit in a game of Jenga to check off our bucket list.

So, I am now in Omaha! I definitely wasn't expecting it, but I'm excited to see what is to come. I am going to miss Kanesville so much, but the Lord knows what He's doing and I am willing to do whatever He needs of me while I'm here on his errand.

I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Is this not the most incredible view? Thank you, Lewis and Clark Monument.

 SO.GOOD.

 McDonald's know what's up.

 I love the temple. And these people. So much.

Meet Sister Durrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design