Apr 21, 2015

Miracles, I Tell Ya. Miracles.

Hey, ya'll! (I feel justified in saying ya'll because my new companion is from Tennessee. Sorry, not sorry.) This week has been really good. And exhausting. I have to admit, the beginning of the week was kind of rough. Getting used to being in a trio is definitely an experience. But it's been a really good experience! I know that we are all supposed to be together for a reason. I have learned so much and we've been able to see so many miracles!

One of those miracles was on Tuesday when we meet Terry. We were looking for a less active member, and we found out that she had moved. But we were able to meet Terry. He looked at us and just started crying. He began telling us his entire life story: He is an alcoholic, has been homeless for the past couple of years and is now living with his friend for a little while. He basically told us that he is a "broken down man with a lost soul" and it broke my heart. We asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon, and apparently he had a girlfriend who lived in Utah who was actually a member, so he had read it. But we gave him another copy and told him to read it with a new perspective in finding purpose in life and seeing how Christ can help him. He told us that he would and that we must have been angels sent to him. It was amazing! It was a bit awkward though because he kept talking about how he needs a girlfriend to make him happy. He told us how he would rub his girlfriend's feet and run her bath and make her feel like a queen and sweet Sister Stokes tells him "You sound like an awesome boyfriend!" I face palmed in my head. So awkward. We gave him to the Elders because he was so focused on the girlfriend thing, but we are so excited to see what happens with him!

We were also able to meet Cindy and Ronnie. Ronnie is actually Jennifer's (our recent convert) brother so we received the referral from her. We had our first lesson with Cindy and it went so well! She told us that she has been wanting to start going to church again and, even though she can't read very well, she was so excited to start listening to the Book of Mormon. You could just see the desire she had to want to come closer to Christ. It was amazing! 

I really am starting love missionary life. Don't get me wrong, this is tough stuff. But it's such an indescribable joy to be able to see how we can help people change and see the light of Christ grow brighter in their eyes. It makes everything worth it. 

Also, I wanted to wish my Grandpa Marv happy birthday! I hope you had an amazing day! (And just so you know, you don't look a day over 23!)


I love you all so much! Have a great week!
 Sometimes we have sleepovers. And they are best thing ever.

 We've had some good rainboot wearin' weather lately.

 Sister Smith and I like to match. It's fun.

"Why you wearin' my outfit?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design