Apr 6, 2015

#BecauseHeLives

This week has just been... I don't even know the words to start describing it.

We started off the week by teaching Leidi (pronounced "Lady"). It's kind of a miracle how we found her: A few weeks ago, Sister Gardner and I were looking for a less active family. We knocked on the door of the address that was on the ward list, and found out that the family had moved. But it was Leidi who answered the door, and we could tell that she was golden. She is 24 and is from Mexico. She came to Iowa for school, speaks English very well, and lives with her sister and her nieces and nephews. She is so cool I can't even stand it. We ended up giving her a Book of Mormon that night, and when we saw her last week, she told us that she had read a little bit and that her nieces were even reading some of it. Ah! We were so excited! MIRACLES! Our first official lesson with her was on Monday and it went really well. We are so excited to see what is in store for her!

Sister Gardner and I were also able to make some Easter cupcakes for a couple less active families in our ward. (Thanks mom for the supplies!) Goodness, they were so cute! Hopefully they tasted good... It was a lot of fun and got me into the Easter slash Spring spirit.

On Wednesday night, we had a huge lighting storm. Almost to the point where they thought we might possibly have tornadoes. So it was pretty intense. When we got home, Brother Brockway told us about the storm coming in and said, "If I come upstairs screaming, there is either somebody here to kill us all, or we have a tornado coming. So be prepared!" Sister Gardner and I were laughing so hard. I just love him so much.

Then, the weekend came. It's funny, as a missionary, conference weekend becomes better than Christmas. Granted, I have never spent a Christmas as a missionary yet, but general conference really is so different as a missionary in the best possible way. And it did not disappoint. Every session became my new favorite session. It kind of became a problem.

Saturday, we were able to watch the first session at the Trail Center and then the second session at our church building. On Sunday, we were at the Trail Center all day. And it was, in my opinion, the best possible way to spend Easter. We watched both sessions of conference while we were there, and then we had a Easter Fireside that night. The spirit was so strong and I was so grateful that we were able to have a night to remember the true meaning of Easter: the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

My love for my Savior grows more and more each day that I am out here serving Him. I am so grateful to have a day where we can remember the sacrifice that He made for us and for all that He did and continues to do for us. I love my Savior and I know that because He lives, I am never alone. He is always there. And because He lives, I know who I am and where I need to be. He didn't have to suffer and die for us, but He did. And for that, I am eternally grateful to my Lord and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I hope you all had an amazing Easter and conference weekend. Have a great rest of your week! I love you all! 
 Can anyone explain to me why the batter is so much better than the actual cupcake?

 You're lying if you say these aren't the cutest cupcakes ever.

 Easter selfie time with my soulmates.

 Hoppy Easter everyone!

Trail Center peeps. They're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design