Apr 13, 2015

A Week Crazier Than the Zoo

Holy cow. To be completely honest, I can't really begin to even describe this week. It has definitely been the busiest and craziest week of my entire life. That is not an exaggeration. 

On Monday, we had the incredible opportunity to clean the Winter Quarters temple in the morning. It was such a special experience to be able to be in the Lord's home and be able to help make it nice for Him. We then went to the Omaha Zoo. Apparently, it's the #1 zoo in the world. I don't know if that's a true fact, but it really would not surprise me if it was. That zoo is amazing! It's huge and has a ton of different exhibits with animals and fun things to do. Good job, Omaha.

Tuesday we had exchanges. Oh, boy. It was an adventure. I was with Sister Ferrara here in Kanesville and we definitely were able to make some memories. To summarize: we ate lunch on a college campus and took a tour, literally nobody answered their door that day, we almost got eaten by two giant dogs, I almost fell out of the car, we had walk around an entire neighborhood to get to one house because half of the road was completely torn out and we had construction guys whistling at us, and we saw more cows than I have ever seen in my entire life. By the end of the day, I was so exhausted.

Wednesday, we had our last District meeting. Best. District. Ever. We took some epic pictures. And on Thursday, we got a text informing us that Sister Gardner and I are now going to be in a trio with Sister Stokes! It is definitely going to be a different experience, but I'm excited for this new adventure. So we were planning on cleaning our rooms and getting everything ready for Sister Stokes, but we ended up taking the new missionaries out tracting. It was a really great experience, but all day we felt like we were running around like mad men. It was also a weird experience because I felt like that was just me. It's actually kind of freaking me out that I've completed my first transfer. It was a really amazing transfer, though. So now onto the second!

Even though this week was insanely crazy, I've learned some things. I've learned that it's ok for things to not go according to plan. Because Heavenly Father's plan is so much better than ours. I also learned that when times get crazy, I can't let my focus get off course. It can be really hard sometimes to stay on task. (I may or may not have a problem with getting Disney songs stuck in my head.) But I know that as long as my focus stays on our Savior, I'll be feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to and I'm making Him proud. 

I love you all so much! Have a great week!  
 We were so pumped!


 Gorilla selfie! I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little terrified.


 Sister Ferrara and I after exchanges. What a day.

 My District. And yes. We know we're the coolest.

 We're still cool.

 Meet Sister Stokes! Trios are the best.

We are officially two months old! We also want world peace. For the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design