Aug 30, 2016

Men Are, That They Might Have Joy

Bible bashes are always an interesting experience. Thankfully, I haven't had too many of them on my mission, but on Tuesday we ended up speaking with a Jehovah's Witness and, naturally, she tried converting us. It's always so strange and awkward when that happens because I always think, "that's supposed to be our job!" We somehow got on the topic of Adam and Eve and something that I came to realize this week was that most people believe that God never intended for Eve to partake of the fruit because He wanted all of us to live in a "perfect state" forever. After listening to her explain that, it made me so grateful for the knowledge that the Book of Mormon is able to provide in helping us know that the Fall was essential because we have to face opposition in all things to be able to learn and progress. If the Fall had never occurred, we would never know good from evil, happiness from sadness and so on. It is such a blessing to know that our Heavenly Father doesn't want us to just live here on earth, die and then that's it. He wants us to experience a fullness of joy and to become like Him. He wants us to reach our full potential and has a perfect plan to help us get there.

On Thursday, I was at the Trail Center and received a lovely surprise: Eli and Christine came to visit! I was able to finally meet little Aryannah and catch up with them. They are definitely going through some hard times with work and trying to figure life out, but it was so amazing to talk with them and see how much this gospel has already helped them. Even with everything that they have gone through, their testimonies are still so strong and I know that they have so much potential and so much in store for them. They also told me that they are wanting to go to the temple for the first time to do baptisms next week so I am praying that I'll be able to go with them. They really are so special and I just love them so much!
 I guess garages are now segregated in Omaha. Who knew?

 Gotta love that Nebraska corn.

Christine and Aryannah! Oh, how I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design