Sep 6, 2016

18 Months of the Good Life. It Doesn't Get NE Better.

Our ward mission leader had this "brilliant" idea to have a "going away" party for our ward family home evening on Monday night. So the reason for it was depressing, but we invited ward members, less active members and investigators and it seemed to give people a reason to come. I was told that I could invite anyone that I wanted so I invited Bob and Lucy from Eagle Run, the Brimhalls from Cottonwood, Jorge and Renee and the Fokkens from Ralston, a few others to help represent all of my different areas. It was a little strange to see everyone together, but it was so much fun to be able to be reminded of how many incredible people I've met over these last 18 months. We had a lesson and then ate cake so it was a good time.

Other noteworthy events:

-Probably gained 10 pounds from eating out. Everybody is way too nice.

-Got 2 return appointments, ran into a guy we tracted into a month ago and taught the Restoration to someone in their car within a time frame of 15 minutes in a gas station parking lot.

-I was able to the temple with Christine! Eli had to be on kid duty and Christine wanted to wait to do baptisms with him, but we were able to watch others to baptisms and she was so excited to be there. She couldn't stop talking about how beautiful and peaceful it was and I can't wait to be able to take her upstairs one day.

It doesn't feel real to think that this is the last letter that I will be writing as a missionary and I don't really know how to put into words how I'm feeling. There were a lot of lasts this week and I think it's finally hitting me that I won't be a missionary anymore. These last 18 months have definitely had it's ups and downs and in betweens, but I wouldn't change a second of them. A mission has been the best decision that I have ever made in my entire life. I have been able to learn and grow in so many ways that I would never have been able to otherwise and I will forever be so eternally grateful for this adventure. I feel like I can now testify will my entire soul that this church is true. I know it and I know that will never be able to deny the fact that I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is my Lord, my Savior, and my best friend. I have had so many experiences to help me know that He really does live. He is here and loves us more than we can even comprehend. That is why He gave absolutely everything for us so that we could return home to live with our Heavenly Father. I have loved every minute that I've had to wear His name on my chest here in the Cornhusker state. Nebraska will always hold a very special place in my heart and if I think too much about leaving it's not going to be a pretty picture. I feel so spoiled that I got to be at the Trail Center and serve in such a sacred place. I have loved sharing the pioneer's story with every person that came in and learn more myself each day about sacrifice, faith and never giving up. This place really has become my home and I will desperately miss it along with everyone here. So even though it's painful to leave it behind, I thank my Heavenly Father for each and every day that I've had out here. This really has been the good life.
 The Siows! Such good people.

 Bob and Lucy! Also good people.

 If I look at this for too long I'm going to start crying. So there's that.

 My cute family. Love them dearly!

 That is until my granddaughter tries killing me off. I guess you have to deal with family drama at some point.

 Christine and the temple. Two of my favorite things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design