Jul 26, 2016

The Big Two Four

There has been a heat wave going through Omaha and it has gotten up to about 113 degrees with the heat index and close to 100% humidity, so that's been an adventure. Sister Hutchison and I have actually been really lucky to have been inside most of the week, so we didn't have to deal with it too much, but as we've braced it we've been able to see so many good things. Unfortunately, Emma ended up dropping us this week, but we have been able to find some new promising potential investigators, so we're excited to see what happens with them.

Birthdays on a mission are definitely different than they would be back home, but I couldn't have asked for a better day. My amazing mom arranged a little "surprise party" with the other sisters at the Trail Center that included pizza and cheesecake so I had no complaints at all. After we were at the Trail Center we volunteered at a health clinic and the doctors ended up taking us out to dinner at Wheatfields which was delicious. When we got back to the Trail Center that night we had found that a member from our ward had dropped off a huge platter of food from Famous Daves and another member was there with cupcakes. It was so incredibly sweet of them! Good thing calories don't count on your birthday, right? Bennington knows how to do birthdays. I definitely felt so spoiled.

I loved going to church yesterday and having such a focus on the pioneers for Pioneer Day. To be honest, at the Trail Center it feels like every day is Pioneer Day, but I really wouldn't want it any other way. I feel so blessed to be able to share their story every day with the people I meet and to be serving and such a sacred place. They really are such an incredible example of sacrifice and doing whatever was asked of them because they had sunk their testimonies so deep into their hearts. I have grown such a love for them and I know that it will only continue to grow.

Thank you all so much for all of the birthday wishes! I honestly have no idea how I got so lucky to have such incredible family and friends, but I hope you all know how much I love you!
 I couldn't have asked for better company.

 Thanks for the balloons, mom!


 This is how we party.



 None of them are leaving. Ever. Departing testimonies are the worst.

Happy Pioneer Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design