Jul 5, 2016

Happy Birthday 'Murica: Part Two

The Olympic Swim Trials have been going on this week here in Omaha, so we have had a lot of people coming into the Trail Center for that. We've been waiting for Michael Phelps to come in, but alas. Maybe next time.

It was kind of an interesting week, but I guess you could say it was in a good way. Some noteworthy events: I tried sushi for the first time (not bad actually), took pictures in a real Nebraska cornfield, ate WAY too many donuts, learned how to make homemade chicken wings and fries and enjoyed a nice 60 degree rainy day in July. So overall, I can't complain.

The fourth of July provided us with some nice weather as well. It only got up to about 80 degrees, so Sister Hutchison and I decided that would be perfect weather to go shopping at an outlet mall. (We also just find any excuse to go shopping.) Afterwards, we had a crepe bar with the other sisters at the Trail Center and then we were on shift that night. The Clarks, the senior couple on shift with us, decided that we still needed to party, so they bought us all Jimmy Johns, made potato salad, cut up some watermelon and even played the Mo-Tab American CD. So even though I wasn't able to see Tim McGraw (definitely sad about that), we still had so much fun!

I really am so grateful to be in this free country where I and those I love can live and worship as we choose. I love the month of July because we not only get to celebrate and honor those who have defended and continue to protect our country, but also the pioneers who sacrificed everything so that we could have the freedoms and blessings that we have today. I feel so blessed to be able to share their story every day and to be serving where they gave so much. I definitely feel spoiled.

 Nebraska cornfield picture. Nailed it.

 The Hansens left us this week. My heart is still breaking.

 Happy 4th of July, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design