Dec 28, 2015

The Ultimate Christmas Gift

We kept hearing throughout the week that it was going to be almost 50 degrees on Christmas, but Nebraska tends to do what it wants. Christmas Eve came and brought with it a foot of snow, making sure that we had a white Christmas. So although we weren't expecting it, the snow definitely made everything more beautiful and made it feel like Christmas.

Throughout the week, Sister Chappell and I tried our best to spread the spirit of Christmas to as many people as we could. We delivered cookies, sang some more Christmas carols, and shared the story of Christ's birth. To be able to share that message with all those around us has definitely been my favorite part of being a missionary during this time of the year. People just seem to be more open to hearing our message and learning more about Jesus Christ because He is who we are celebrating.

I have always loved Christmas time, but this year really has seemed to mean so much more because, as missionaries, we focus and dedicate our lives to Jesus Christ. And because I have been able to do that, I've grown such a love and appreciation for my Savior and at this time of reflecting on His birth, I can see Him as the gift that He is. Jesus Christ is and will always be the ultimate Christmas gift given to us by a Heavenly Father who loves us so much. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He was born to this earth as our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He lives and that He loves us. I truly feel so grateful to wear His name on my chest every day and to be His representative. The calling of being a missionary is such a sacred one.

We had a dinner on Christmas Eve with all of the sisters and it felt like I was with my second family. I love them so much! When then had breakfast together Christmas morning and, of course, I got to Skype with my family which was so fun! My baby sister is looking so old (she needs to stop growing) and my parents looked so cute in their "empty nesters" apartment in New Mexico. I miss them all so much, but it was so good to see how great they looked.

I hope that the rest of you were able to have a wonderful Christmas! I want to thank you all for the abundance of love that I've been able to feel from all over. I have been so spoiled with such amazing family and friends. Have a Happy New Year everyone! 2016 is going to be the best year yet.

 So.Much.Snow.

 But at least it looks pretty.

 Modern-day Mary & Joseph.  We had way to much fun!

 Happee Christmas Harry!

We were the only ones wore our pj's to breakfast.  No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design