Dec 7, 2015

A December to Remember

This year is the 30th anniversary of the Gingerbread Festival in Omaha and we have over 200 gingerbread houses on display at the Trail Center and about 200 more at the Kanesville Tabernacle. It has been so fun to see how many people have already come in to see them and we have been able to see so many miracles. There have been many occasions lately where I've shared the message of the Restoration on a tour and they accept a Book of Mormon with a commitment to read it. It has been such an amazing experience to be able to see people come to a Gingerbread Festival, and leave with a Book of Mormon and a desire to learn more about the gospel.

On a tour that I gave earlier in the week, I went around with a young girl named Karissa and her friend who was a member. They came upstairs after seeing the gingerbread houses and Karissa told me she had never seen the gallery before. As I took them around, I could tell that she was feeling the Spirit so strong and was so immersed with the story of the pioneers. We were able to talk about Christ and she told me that she has been a Christian all her life but felt like she has been "slipping away" for a while now. I gave her a Book of Mormon and told her how it is a gift that our Heavenly Father has given us to learn more about Jesus Christ and that by reading it, she would be able to get that hold that she needs with Him and feel of His infinite love. When I asked her if she would pray to know if it's true, she said, "Absolutely. I need God back in my life." I got her contact information and I am hoping that she will have her heart open to learning more.

We have also been able to show a lot of people the new "A Savior is Born" video that the church has put out. If you haven't seen it yet, go and watch it on christmas.mormon.org. It's been incredible to see the impact that it has on those that see it and feel of the powerful Spirit that it has. I love how the church has given us so many tools to use to spread the gospel to so many people and to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. I love having this time to share the story of Christ's birth with all those around me and be able to share my testimony of the Savior with them.

I know I say this all of the time, but I absolutely love being a missionary. This truly is the Lord's work and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.

I also wanted to thank you all for your prayers! They are definitely helping because I have been feeling so much better. I love you all so much! Oh... and Ka'Ron is getting baptized on Saturday. We are so excited! 
This is our attempt at a "High School Musical jump". I think we nailed it.

 Lookie what I found!

 But I'm Sister Slater right now. So this will be our little secret.

SANTA! I know him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design