Nov 9, 2015

Teach Me How To Missionary

There was so much good that happened this week. On Monday, we were able to help clean the temple which is always such a blessing. I always feel a little silly because I never feel like I'm cleaning anything because it's already spotless. It reminds of my house back home. (Thanks mom!) I absolutely love the temple and feel so thankful that I get to help keep the Lord's house clean for Him and all those who come through.

The definite highlight came on Saturday with Ken's baptism. I don't think I have ever seen a baptism run so smoothly which was such a huge blessing. Ken's mother, grandmother and uncle where able to come which helped make it a special day for him. The Spirit was so strong throughout the program and it honestly felt so natural to see him be baptized. Every time I am able to see someone take that next step, it reminds me of the reason that I am out here and it really does make all of the hard times worth it.

Saturday evening, we were able to go to a Stake Women's Conference and listen to our Stake President, President Derrick, speak to us. Something that he said that stuck out to me was that "God cares more about the process than the outcome." There are a lot of times in life when we don't understand exactly why things happen, and sometimes they don't end up the way we think that they should. But when we look back, we can see that it was the experience that shaped us, not where we ended up. I have definitely been able to learn more about that on my mission on days where I wonder why I am here and what I'm really doing. But I have a strong testimony that God has a perfect plan for all of us and, as long as we trust Him, He will lead us where He needs us to be. We just have to be willing to act.

I don't think I'll ever be able to say that I'm a "professional missionary". But I definitely feel like I'm getting the hang of things and am finally understanding what missionary work is all about. I love this work with all my heart.
 One of our hobbies: getting free bread sticks at Fazoli's.

 Meet Ken. He's a Mormon now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design