Oct 6, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

We started our week off with exchanges. I was with Sister Brower here in the Eagle Run area and we were able to see so many miracles! We had some time to tract a little bit and we as we were passing by a house, we felt like we should knock but heard a baby screaming. We figured it wasn't a good time and continued down the street. As we were making our way back, we felt like we should knock again and when we did, a man answered the door and after looking at us he asked, "Are you from the same church as those two boys?" It turns out that the elders in our ward had been meeting with them but hadn't seem them in a month or so. So we took that as a sign and made an appointment to the see them again. They are the cutest little family! We are so excited!

On Thursday, I got the news that I am being transferred to the Cottonwood ward. I really am so sad to leave Eagle Run. The people here are all so sweet and loving and I am especially going to miss living with Bob and Lucy. They are amazing and I really do love them a lot. But I am also excited to be in Cottonwood with Sister Willis and to start a new adventure. It is going to be awesome!

I'm pretty sure that Conference Weekend will be a National holiday in my house from now on. It seriously felt like Christmas! I feel so blessed to know that we have a living prophet and apostles here on the earth today and that we are able to receive guidance and direction from them that comes from our Heavenly Father. It was such a great experience to see three new apostles be called and sustained and it never ceases to amaze me how much I'm able to learn. I think what I mostly took from this conference was how important it is to keep the Sabbath day holy and that the commandments we receive from God aren't meant to take away our agency, they are there to help us learn how we can use our agency wisely and correctly. Our Heavenly Father gives them to us because He loves us more than we will ever know and wants us to be able to progress every day. We just have to be humble enough to submit to His will, although that is much easier said than done. Also, did anybody else cry during Elder Holland's talk? Because I did. A lot. I love this gospel so much and am so thankful to have it in my life.

It is now time to ask the question: Because of this conference, how am I going to change myself? There are so many things that I know I need to change, but I'm so grateful that I have a Savior who knows how to help me along the way. Through Him, it really will "all work out". I also want to thank President Monson for all of his dedicated service and for his love. I can't imagine all that he has to deal with every day, but I love that man with all of my heart and I am so eternally grateful for him. I know that He is a prophet of God.
 This is Sister Willis, Isn't she the cutest?

 Every single sister at the Trail Center received a new companion. Nobody can remember the last time that happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design