Oct 19, 2015

I'm Ticked.

With the weather being so nice this week, we were able to do a lot of service. We did some outside of the Trail Center on Tuesday by trimming some bushes and pulling weeds. When I got out of the shower the next day, I found a little black spot on my leg. I picked it off and when I looked at it, I saw that it was a tick. Luckily it all came out in one piece, but I was freaked out and felt so gross! I guess my sister gets the bed bugs in Ohio and I get ticks in Nebraska. Go figure.

Ken seems to be progressing pretty well and we were even able to teach his 14-year-old son, Ka'Ron, this week as well. We had a family home evening on Monday night with the Hackleman family in the ward and they have a son who is Ka'Ron's same age. They seemed to get along really well and had a lot in common. They even found out that they both play football and were playing each other the very next day! We found out that they talked at the game and even took a picture together. Adorable, right? We are hoping that they will continue to become friends. 

Sister Willis and I have been struggling a little bit this week because we haven't been able to keep most of our appointments. But on the bright side, it means that we have more time to find people to teach which means: tracting. Oh, tracting. I have such a love/hate relationship with you. But it has taught me a lot about work and how to get to know different types of people. And you can't really do missionary work without it a lot of the time, so you learn to embrace it. Missionary work is the best. It really is.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!
 The Papillion Zone. And yes, that is a ukulele. 

Sister Savage came for a visit. It was so fun to see her!

Apparently "corn pictures" are a thing in Nebraska. When in Omaha, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design