Jul 28, 2015

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling... 23?

I think that it is safe to say that this may be the most exciting week I've had on my mission so far.

On Monday, we began the birthday celebrations by having lunch at The Cheescake Factory with Sister Young and Sister Savage. When Sister Durrant and I got home later that night, we walked into our room and found streamers, balloons and confetti everywhere courtesy of Sister Young and Sister Savage. They are so sneaky and so sweet!

The next day, Bob and Lucy woke us up by coming into our room with a cake and candles. I came to find out that my mom had sent a chocolate cake from Market Street Grill all the way from Utah for me. It's the same cake that she gets me every year and it felt like I was home! And the day just kept getting better and better. I was then lucky enough to end my 23rd birthday by singing the National Anthem at the Stormchasers vs Dodgers baseball game. Every year, they have a Mormon Night and ask some of the missionaries to sing the Anthem to start the game. We had so much fun and even got to watch a little bit of baseball! I don't know how many missionaries can say that they got to sing at a baseball game on their mission, especially on their birthday. So I felt pretty blessed.

On Wednesday, Bob and Lucy asked if we could join them for dinner. When I walked in, I saw what looked like my mom's bean dip recipe on the counter. As I looked around, I realized that they had made my favorite lime chicken tacos from home! My mom had given Bob and Lucy the recipe and they were kind enough to make them for me. My mom amazes me. And gives me so much more than I deserve. What am I going to do with her?

But Saturday was the best day of all. Tatiana FINALLY was baptized! It was a long time coming and such a special day. Tatiana has a hard time showing emotion sometimes, but you could tell how much it meant to her by the happiness and light in her eyes. We know how much this is going to bless her and her children and we are so excited for her. It is amazing how baptism can give us a fresh start and we can't wait to see what the Lord has in mind for Tatiana in this new chapter of her life. That day also reminded why I'm here: to bring others to Christ. The joy that comes from that is indescribable and I honestly would not want to be anywhere else right now.

It was such a good week! I just want to thank all of you for the amazing birthday wishes and love that I could feel all the way from home. I am so grateful for all of you and love you so much!
 I don't think it is possible to get sick of red velvet cheesecake.

 How cute is this banner? Thanks mom!

 Sometimes we try to be creative.

 We were ready for our close ups!

 Go Storm Chasers! (I guess...?)


 This was at the baseball game. No lie.

Best. Day. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design