Jul 20, 2015

'Tis Summertime

This week brought the best of what July has to offer here in Nebraska. We experienced both torrential downpours of rain as well as 100 degree weather. There are never any dull moments here in Omaha, that's for sure.

Wednesday we had zone training and I love it when we get to meet with the other missionaries here in our area! Our Sister Training Leaders gave an amazing training on how we can grow a deeper love for those we are teaching. By loving them more, we are able to teach them more effectively and know how we can help them. Sister Brower gave us a quote she had heard before which said, "If you don't love somebody, that means you don't know them well enough yet." I loved that because once you do get to know somebody and see them as a child of God and as your brother or sister, you learn to love them and see them as Christ sees them. You then want to serve them as Christ served and serves us because of the unconditional love that He has for each one of us.

On Thursday we went over to Judy's house for dinner and we were able to meet with Tanner. Judy is a less active member in our ward and Tanner is a nonmember who is living in her home as one of her tenants. Tanner built a fire for us and we were able to cook brats and s'mores for dinner which was a lot of fun! I felt like I was camping... in a skirt. So that was an adventure. But you can't go wrong with a campfire in the summertime. And we were able to talk to Tanner quite a bit about the gospel and he told us that he wants to come to Trail Center! We are really excited to see him again.

Saturday was crazy! I started the morning with my first interview with President Gardner. It went really well! He talked to me a lot about making goals so that I can become who I want to be during these next 13 months of my mission. I absolutely love President Gardner! He is very genuine and loving. You can tell that he really does care about all of us and wants the best for us and our futures. He told me that the most important people I teach aren't here on my mission, they are my future family. And while I am here, I want to become the person that they need me to be as well as who the Lord needs me to be.

I have to say that summertime in Nebraska isn't too shabby. I hope the rest of you had a great week! 

Love you!

 Birthday shout-out to the most incredible mom a girl could ask for. I love you so much mommy!

 Sister Durrant was in denial, but we got ice cream from Zesto's to celebrate her one year mark. Happy Year Sister Durrant!

 Moral of the story: always have an umbrella handy in Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design