Apr 4, 2016

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Conference

For a missionary, General Conference weekend really is better than Christmas. It started off in the best way with the General Woman's Conference last week and I absolutely loved what they had to say about service. Learning how to serve and love others is something that you are kind of forced to learn as a missionary, but it has been the best thing for me. It has been amazing to be able to see others through the eyes of our Heavenly Father and really learn to love them for who they really are.

One of my favorite talks that was given during conference was by Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson about asking ourselves the question "Do you believe it or not?" For myself, I feel like I can answer with an absolute yes and I have my mission to thank for that. It still amazes me to see how much I have seen not only my own testimony grow but also the people we work with and other missionaries. I have come to learn that in order to really say that we believe something, we have to live it. That is the only way that we can find our for ourselves.

I also loved President Monson's talk. To be honest, I was a little bit worried that we weren't going to hear from him so I was so excited when they announced his name. Although his message was short, it was powerful. I learned that repentance really is such a gift. Our Heavenly Father knows that we are going to make mistakes and that we are going to choose wrong sometimes. Because of that, our Savior has given us a way to come back. We never have to be weighed down by our bad decisions. I love President Monson so much. Sister Abbott and I wanted to yell from the car windows "Don't you know that modern-day prophets and apostles are speaking to us? It's a big deal!" We get to hear God's words through His servants. How amazing is that?

The church is so true. I know it. I believe it.
 You know that's right.

 We helped clean up a park in 40 degree weather, it was so fun.

But when you have these people with you it makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design