Feb 1, 2016

Live A Disciple's Life

During a tour this week, I had a spiritual experience that really helped me realize how blessed I am. 

While I was with my tour in the Memorial Room, I shared a quote from Elder Ballard that said,
"This is not to suggest that our challenges today are more severe than the challenges faced by those who have gone before us. They are just different. The Lord isn't asking us to load up a handcart; He's asking us to fortify our faith. He isn't asking us to walk across a continent; He's asking us to walk across the street to visit our neighbor. He isn't asking us to give all of our worldly possessions to build a temple; He's asking us... to attend regularly the temples already built. He isn't asking us to die a martyr's death; He's asking us to live a disciple's life."

After I read that quote, one of the men looked out of the window and said, "President Hinckley wanted this temple built so badly, and he wanted it for them." As he pointed to the cemetery, it was at that moment that it hit me that I am serving on such sacred ground where I am literally in the same place as beloved pioneer Saints. This realization actually brought me to tears, which was kind of embarrasing in the middle of a tour. But I truly am so grateful for what the early Saints went through for us and it has made me think a lot about what I am doing to continue the legacy that they began. I want to do all that I can to let them know that their sacrifces weren't in vain and to make them proud.

On Friday we were able to participate in a Missionary Musical Fireside at the Trail Center and it was such a great experience to be able to help people feel the Spirit through music. It really does amaze me to see how music can touch people in a way that words can't. The message behind the fireside was to testify to people that Christ lives. He is our Savior and is always there for us. I could tell that everyone could feel the Spirit so strong in testifying to us of the truth.

Also, happy news: our investigator, Melissa, and her boyfriend, Matt, have picked a day to get married! They are the couple who came to our Christmas party and she is progressing so well. February 20 is now marked on my calendar and I could not be more excited for them!
 The Rockbrook district, everyone.

 We created a band: First Dragoons.  We're pretty cool.

 She's leaving me.  I'm not alright with it.

I love these sisters. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design