Feb 17, 2016

A Year of Learning Love

We were actually able to be really productive this week. We made Valentine's for people in our area, contacted a whole lot of referrals, did some service and even taught a new investigator (which is a big deal for us). So, overall, a pretty productive week.

I still can't believe that I hit a year this week. It honestly didn't feel real to think that I have been a missionary for a year. In a lot of ways I feel like I just got here, but at the same time I feel like I have been away from home for an eternity. But as I was thinking about it, I realized that I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had for anything. I have been able to learn to so much in the last year.

One of the biggest lessons that I have learned is what the gospel truly is and what it means to me. I used to think of the church as something I did. I would go to church on Sunday and I knew of the things that I was supposed to be doing, but I didn't take them time to think about the why behind those actions. I have come to learn that the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't about just doing those daily things like reading our scriptures and praying, it's about using those things to become more like our Savior so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. It has come to the point where the gospel isn't something I do, it's who I am. It effects every part of my life and I am so eternally grateful for the testimony that I've been able to gain. I read a quote recently that said "I didn't keep my testimony [through my trials], my testimony kept me." My testimony has become my most prized possession and I know that it will be something I will always be able to lean on during hard times in life.

I also feel like I have learned how to love others for who they truly are and see them through the eyes of our Heavenly Father and Savior. Everyone around us and child of God and they are precious in His sight. I know that my Father in Heaven and my Savior love me and that they know me perfectly and are so aware of me. I love them will all of my heart and I'm so grateful for this time that I have to serve them.

I hope that you all know how much I love you and that you had a wonderful Valentine's day! Oh... and Happy 25th Anniversary mom and dad! I couldn't ask for a better example of love and sacrifice in a marriage. I love you!
 This is how Sister Fonk and I celebrate my year mark.  Pore strips are the best.

 Me a year ago.  I honestly can't believe how much I've changed, but it has definitely been for the better.

 HAPPY YEAR MARK!

 We also threw confetti to mark the occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design