Jan 18, 2016


While Sister Chappell and I were driving home from our district meeting, we were in the right lane when the car next to us in the left lane rammed into the back of a line of 4 cars that were stopped to turn. It turned into a domino effect and one of the cars actually slid underneath the car in front of it so one ended up on top of the other. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured, but we felt so grateful because we easily could have been in the other lane and we felt so blessed that we were only witnesses rather than being one of the cars involved. The Lord truly protects His missionaries.

When I thought about how we were witnesses to the accident, Mosiah 18:9 came in to my mind, "Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places..." I thought a lot about how, as members of the church, we are witnesses every day. It may not be a witness to an accident, but a witness to Jesus Christ. We have been commanded to testify of Christ and be and example of Him wherever we are whether we have a missionary tag on our chest or not. It made me realize that, even when I'm not a missionary anymore, I want to make sure that I help others come unto Christ in any way that I can. I have been able to recieve so much happiness, guidance and peace from having Him in my life. How could I not want that for others?

Also, we heard that Obama came to Omaha this week. We were hoping he was going to come into the Trail Center, but no such luck. Maybe next time.

The high was 4 on Sunday, so we are all hoping it warms up a little this next week. Pray for us!
 We didn't get a picture of the actually accident, so we thought we would rein-act what the cars looked like.

 We love eyebrow tweezing parties! Well... I do.

 My mom and sister have taught me well.

Let us all take a moment of silence to appreciate Brother Reeves' Star Wars room. He's sort of a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design