Mar 10, 2015

Nebraska:The Good Life. Wait...do you mean Iowa?

I made it to Nebraska folks! Let's back up for a bit though. Last Saturday, we went up to Temple Square again. And do ya'll want to know who I saw? My mom and dad. True story. Those rebels. I swear I didn't plan it! It was actually crazy how it happened. Me and my new companion for the night, Sister Leavitt, were walking out of the South Visitor's Center and when we turned right, my parents were walking right towards me! I know that Heavenly Father made that happen for a reason. It really was so good to see them. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky to have the most incredible parents on the earth. The rest of the night was so fun as well. We got to talk to a few people on the Square, and Sister Leavitt actually took me and some other Sisters down to the tunnels. You know, the tunnels that prophets and apostles use? So yeah. That was pretty cool.

Fast forward a few days and we are on the plane to Nebraska! It was actually harder than I thought it would be to leave the MTV. It became my kind of home. I was able to meet so many amazing people while I was there and learned so much. Great place. Great place. But I was so excited to get to the field!

Another funny story though... We ended up taking Trax up to the airport. I thought that was kind of weird, but I'm so thankful that we did it that way because when we got off of the FrontRunner to get onto the actual Trax train to the airport, I saw a man look at me and ask "Is that really you?" Yeah. It was my Grandpa Marv. Crazy, right? I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that I plan where I can see my family. I promise that isn't a thing. I just feel so spoiled with so many tender mercies. It's amazing what the Lord can do for us.

Once we walked off of the plane in Omaha, we were greeted by out wonderful Mission President and his wife, President and Sister Weston. They are seriously so great. Sister Weston is the cutest and sweetest lady that I have ever met. President Weston is definitely tough, but in the best way. I can't wait to work more with them. 

We then did some training and we got to tour the Trail Center and Kanesville Tabernacle where Brigham Young was ordained a prophet. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Come Friday, we had our first transfers. My first area? Council Bluffs, Iowa. You thought I was called to Nebraska? Well, joke is on all of us. I was really excited though and I figured Sister Jensen would be proud. Iowa Sistas foreva!

Now, I have officially been out in the field almost a week. And let me tell you something. It is not how I was expecting it to be. It's been really hard and I've shed a few tears. Being homesick is never a fun thing. But I've been trying my best to be positive and to remind myself that this the Lord's work. I'm on His time right now. I know that it'll get easier. I just have to push through it. 

I've been blessed to meet so many incredible people already though and have given a lot of amazing tours. Giving tours is so fun! I definitely enjoy it.

We have a few potential investigators which I'm pretty excited about. And we get to keep in contact with the ones from the Trail Center through email which gives us so many opportunities to teach. It's awesome. 

Overall, this week has been pretty tough. There have been so many moments where I wonder if I can really do this and I just want to go home. But then I remember why I am here. I'm so thankful to be at the Trail Center where I get to hear the pioneer's stories several times a day, and it reminds that my trails will pass and that they seem pretty insignificant compared to there's. And I know that our Heavenly Father is there to push us along and that the Lord is there to give me strength.

I love you all so much! Have a great week!


(I can't get my pictures to work on this computer so they may have to wait until next week. Ah I'm so sad!)
 Temple Square makes us happy.

 Einstein Bagels are my liffeeeee!

 GRANDPA MARV! It was so fun to see him :) I was shocked. What are the odds?!

 "On our way to OMAHAAAAA" selfie.

 We like to pretend we're pioneers. It's quite fun.

 President and Sister Weston. They are amazing human beings.

Say hello the my new comp., Sister Gardner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design